It is lucky to hear a cuckoo on the wedding morning or to see three magpies.
It’s lucky to be awakened by birds singing on the morning of your wedding.
It’s lucky if a woman who is happily married puts the veil on the bride, and bad luck if the bride does it herself.
Surprisingly, the bride should never wear green at her wedding, it is considered unlucky!
If your wedding dress is accidentally torn on the day it will bring good luck.
- A man should always be the first to wish joy to the bride, never a woman
- To meet a funeral on the road meant bad luck and if there was a funeral procession planned for that day, the wedding party always took a different road
- If the sun shone on the bride, it would bring good luck to the couple.
- If you look at the sun when you leave for your wedding, your children will be beautiful.
- Something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue, and a sixpence in her shoe
- Some families have passed down the same sixpence through the generations to continue the hope for good luck to future brides.